A Los Angeles judge awarded on Wednesday Britney spearsat his request and suspended his father as a curator in the legal framework that has governed his life for 13 years according to multiple reports. The decision came just months after an extraordinary public hearing in June in which Spears described at length his desire to be more in control of his life.
“I really believe this tutelage is abusive,” she said at the time. “I want to end the guardianship without being assessed.”
The June hearing came as Spears’ control over its own affairs had been the focus of renewed public interest. A long period of fan outcry spawned the #FreeBritney hashtag and a series of documentary investigations and reports that brought the public to a closer look at the Trusteeship.
Spears’ father, Jamie, had been his curator since 2008, when he requested the settlement following his daughter’s public issues with her mental health. He had said for years that his daughter had agreed to the arrangement, but Britney disputed that during the June hearing.
“I lied and told the whole world that I’m fine and happy,” she said at the time. “If I said that enough, maybe I would become happy.” “
Wednesday, Judge Brenda Penny basically acceded to the singer’s request, appointing the accountant Jean Zabel as its new temporary curator. His lawyer, Matthieu Rosengart, requested a hearing to end the guardianship, but also called for an investigation into the actions of Jamie Spears while he was its head.
“The current situation is not tenable,” said Penny in rendering her decision, according to New York Times.
More great stories from Vanity Show
– Met Gala 2021: See the best dressed stars on the red carpet
– The tests of Diet Prada
– 2021 Emmys: Check Out All The Red Carpet Looks
– Longtime Anthony Bourdain director and producer releases memoir
– 2021 Met Gala American Theme Winners: Who Done It Best?
– In the Hermès workshop which manufactures its iconic bags
– Love is a crime: In one of Hollywood’s craziest scandals
– The best beauty moments from the 2021 Emmy Awards
– Ted Lasso: How to dress like Keeley and Rebecca
– Archives: Influencers on the Côte d’Utopia
– Subscribe to “The Buyline” to receive a list of fashion, book and beauty shopping in a weekly newsletter.